October Update: Classes 5-9
We finished up the Frog-Jump letters with M and N. Then we started the Starting Corner Capitals. These are letters that start in the upper-left corner, just like frog-jump letters, but then do not frog-jump back to the top. We will be finishing them up in October or early November, depending on which class your child is in. I have attached a practice page you can use to review at home. The starting corner capitals are H, K, L, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z.
Here is a cute song from Learning Without Tears called “Sliding Down to the End of the Alphabet” that helps children practice all the diagonals in the letters V-Z.
- M is for Mouse craft (mouse face on a big letter M)
- Q-tip dot painting on train picture
- Decorate a monster with glued-on craft supplies, stickers, and coloring
- Coming up: color, cut, and glue pumpkin craft
- Weekly – I bring activities for early finishers such as magnetic letters, tactile letter cards, magnadoodle, tongs with small objects to pick up, etc.
Here is a link for your home practice worksheet. If you have questions or want more information, please let me know! email@example.com