Marisafacilitates and mentors students through the art of questioning and experiential teaching techniques, while always striving to meet the child where they are academically and developmentally. Sharing her own expertise and passions in natural history subjects has been a core educational component, as Marisa continues to home school her own children.
Education and Experience:
- Certification with the California Naturalist Program, UCSC
- Riekes Center for Human Enhancement Nature Awareness Teacher
- California Academy of Sciences, Teacher Professional development
- CPR Certified
- 3 years introducing young naturalists to their natural world
- Home school mom and community instructor with a lifetime commitment to the appreciation of nature
- BS Psychology with Child Development Minor, SJSU
Marisa does classes what classes she can at A TEAM but some of her nature programs need to be in the great outdoors. Visit her website at BeanInNature.com for information about those programs.